Show them who you are
Videos are a great way to show someone who you are. Instead of always telling your candidates: this is who we are, this is how big our business is and answering other questions candidates may have - show them who you are. Show your audience who you are, how big your company is, what it’s like to work at your company and more in an engaging and effective way through the low-cost, ever-engaging medium of video. Using video is a great way to showcase your employer brand and by creating engaging content through video you are able to show your audience who you are and create a relationship that is based on pure love for your brand. Here’s how:
Importance Of Video
How do I get started you might ask? First you want to understand the importance of video marketing and how it can be used to aid your recruiting strategy. Through the use of audio and visual engagement, you are able to make your audience think and feel something. You can make a video using people from the various departments within your company talking about opportunities you offer and what it’s like to work on your team. Instead of writing out your company’s vision, use video to humanize what these goals mean to your company. Creativity is key when it comes to making engaging video content, and the possibilities of various types of content you can create are endless.
Beyond creating video content about your company’s mission and values, you also want to consider what types of content that would be interesting to your audience. It’s important to understand that what might be interesting to you and what might be interesting to your audience may not be the same things. People don’t always care about what you are doing so you have to always consider how you can add value. It’s not what you are doing that is important to your audience, rather how what you are doing that’s going to add value to them is important. Break through the BS to keep your video content really real. People are smart so by keeping it real, your video content will be relevant and engaging.
Equip Yourself / Finding the Right Tools
The look and feel of your videos should be determined by the brand of your company. Investing in a company camera to create videos could be the right route for you, but hiring an external company to create videos could also be an option. It all depends on your messaging, but what is really important to remember is that audio is key.
- Add videos to your email signature to increase views
- Embed videos to your LinkedIn profile to encourage others to share your content on their blogs and websites
- Find Influencers within your industry to share your content with and create value. Use your marketing efforts to promote your video content and build relationships with influencers as well as brand advocates
- CTA / Comments- Always add a call to action. Encourage comments and always ask your audience to follow along with you by subscribing to your channel (Youtube). This is something many people forget to do, but you should not! Increase interaction by suggesting thoughts or comments that your audience might have and encourage them to share these thoughts and comments with the community using the comments feature below your video on Youtube
Other tips & best practices:
- Use the description area underneath your video for blogging. Include a compelling title as well as keywords to categorize your video on the platform
- 10-second rule- If you want to ask questions or engage with your audience do it fast (within the first 10 seconds or so) to keep them hooked on your content
- Links & Tags- Add links to your website or other landing pages to capture someone’s information and drive action. Youtube is the world’s second largest search engine so you should always use optimizing tags to make your video content easy to discover.
- Always keep up-to-date on all of the new features available on your favorite social media platforms